- 18 August 2013, Seddon earthquake updates from Civil defence
- 17 August 2013, Earthquake-rattled residents begin the clean up
- 16 August 2013, Strong earthquake, 6.6, rocks central New Zealand
- 7 August 2013, First night at Christchurch’s cardboard cathedral – The opening of the new cardboard cathedral was celebrated last night, with the first of 10 performances by the Christchurch City Choir,as part of the Joyfully Un-Munted Festival. The $5.3 million temporary cathedral can host 700 people and has been built to last 50 years.
- 29 July 2013, Emergency architecture – Christchurch’s cardboard cathedral – The Cardboard Cathedral is a significant rebuild project for the CBD, and as the name suggests, the structure is substantially cardboard – a world first. The Transitional Cathedral temporarily replaces the original badly damaged Cathedral in Latimer Square.
- 26 July 2013, Court of Appeal rules on Cathedral’s fate – TVNZ news story on the Court’s decision to allow the iconic cathedral to be demolished and rebuilt, without obligation to replicate the original.
- 22 July, 2013, Wellington earthquake – what you need to know (stuff.co.nz)
- Wellington picking up the pieces post quake (stuff.co.nz)
- 21 July 2012, Wellington struck by 6.5 magnitude quake (Scoop News – scoop.co.nz)
- 21 July 2013, Two severe earthquakes strike central New Zealand – damage to Wellington and Eastern Marlborough
- 1 March 2013, Christchurch Urban Village Project finalists chosen – The four finalists of the Breathe – Urban Village Project competition were announced in Christchurch last night by Building and Construction Minister Maurice Williamson.Village greens, vege gardens and vibrant laneways are among the features presented by entrants. (The Press – stuff.co.nz)
- 22 February 2013, Canterbury marks two years since quake – Hundreds turn out to the official ceremony in Christchurch, marking the second anniversary of the February 2011 earthquake (Radio NZ National)
- 22 February 2013, Live – Christchurch quake second anniversary – Photo gallery: Two years on from Christchurch’s disastrous earthquake, remembering those lost and looking to the future (stuff.co.nz)
- 1 February 2013, Wellingtonians invited to briefing on policy changes around earthquake prone buildings – 5th February meeting at Michael Fowler Centre. Public consultation on the Government’s proposed changes closes 8 March. Submissions to dbh.govt.nz
- 24 January 2013, Earthquake prone building threshold should remain at current level – says Wellington Chamber of Commerce (wecc.org.nz)
Canterbury earthquake – News and resources (since February 2011)
Wellington earthquakes July 2013
- Shigeru Ban completes Cardboard Cathedral in Christchurch (dezeen.com)
- ‘Sickening’ attack on 185 Chairs Memorial (stuff.co.nz)
- More than 40 new jobs created by quake recovery unit (radionz.co.nz)
- Swarm ‘could trigger Wellington fault’ (stuff.co.nz)
- Finds rewrite Christchurch history (stuff.co.nz)
- Earthquake memorial vandalised (radionz.co.nz)
- Shigeru Ban’s Incredible Cardboard Cathedral in Christchurch Complete! (inhabitat.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.